With the hot summer sun beating down outside and your air conditioning unit running non-stop, the air in your home may be smelling a little musty. Circulating the air through your home can help prevent these odors and keep your home smelling fresh and clean. Here are some tips on preventing stale air in your home this summer. If you need an affordable air conditioner installation in Wake Forest NC this summer, call Choice HVAC to save time and money!
- Control the Humidity - Humidity in your home can cause your home to smell damp. Controlling the humidity with a dehumidifier not only helps improve the air quality in your home but can prevent damage to your home and belongings. Allergy sufferers will also benefit from the reduced number of dust mites and mold spores that will be able to thrive in a low humidity environment.
- Change Your Filters - The air filters in your home trap animal dander, dust, and other particles in the air that can make the air in your home hard to breathe. When your air conditioning unit pulls the air through these dirty filters, odors can enter your home and aggravate respiratory allergies. Choice Heating and Air Conditioning recommends changing the air filters in your home every 6 to 8 weeks, however, pet owners may want to check and change their filters more often depending on the amount of pet hair in your home.
- Improve Ventilation - Small rooms easily trap musty air. Help the air circulate more efficiently through these rooms with a window fan. By installing a window fan to pull the air out of the room and push it outside you can help improve the ventilation in the room.
- Keep Your Floors Clean - Regularly cleaning carpets and other flooring can help release trapped odors that can contribute to a less than desirable smell in your home.
- Be Aware of Sneaky Odors - Wet shoes, cleaning chemicals, hair spray, cigarette smoke and dirty clothes all emit odors that can make the air inside your home smell less than fresh. Store cleaning chemicals in a well-ventilated area, like the garage, place dirty clothes in a hamper with a lid and keep wet shoes outside to dry. Use hairspray and other body products in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on to help eliminate residual odors there.
- Baking Soda to the Rescue - Use baking soda on your carpets to absorb odors when vacuuming and skip the heavily scented and chemical filled carpet sprinkles. Baking soda can also eliminate odors in pantries and closets if you just place a partially opened box on the shelf.
Affordable Air Conditioner Installation in Wake Forest NC
If your home still smells musty or you are concerned about the moisture levels in your home, call Choice HVAC of Wake Forest today. Our expert technicians can help evaluate the air quality in your home. An older air conditioning unit may be costing you more on your monthly energy bill than you realize. Ask about our affordable services for an air conditioner installation in Wake Forest NC. See how much you could be saving by installing a new Energy Star rated system from Choice. We offer an excellent selection of HVAC systems from some of the industry's best manufacturers.
Ask your Choice Heating and Air Representative about our planned maintenance agreements for our residential customers. These agreements allow you to have your HVAC system cleaned and serviced twice a year. Preventive maintenance helps identify potential issues before they become major repair bills. Customers also enjoy discounted service rates and preferred service call status. Find out more by calling Choice Heating and Air Conditioning today!