The holiday season is just around the corner, and so is the cold winter weather. If you're like most Raleigh residents, you've been busy digging out warm sweaters, jackets, and finding your kid's lost mitten from last winter. With the hustle and bustle of family, end of the year parties, and travel plans, you may not have stopped to think about your home's HVAC system. Now is the perfect time to prep your furnace for winter. While we may not get tons of snow or long periods of bitter cold, the furnace in your home works harder than you realize to keep you warm all winter long. To prepare your furnace for winter, follow this simple checklist. For the best Wake Forest HVAC service, call Choice HVAC for a free estimate.
- Keep the area around your furnace free of clutter and other debris.
- Open all the air vents in your home and move furniture, boxes, and curtains away from the vents. These items could restrict airflow to your system and force it to work harder than it needs to.
- Change the programming on your programmable thermostat to automatically lower the temperature at night while you are asleep or while you are away from home. According to the Consumer Energy Center, making this small change can help you save 20 to 75% on your furnace's operating costs.
- Upgrade the filter in your furnace from a flat filter to a pleated, electrostatic, or HEPA filter that can increase the energy efficiency of your furnace. Learn more about selecting the right air filter for your home with our previous post.
- Call Choice Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a furnace tuneup. During this appointment, an experienced HVAC technician will clean and inspect all the major components of your furnace. These preventative appointments are crucial for the life of your unit and can help identify small problems before they become significant issues.
The average lifespan of a furnace in the Raleigh area is about 12 years. If your unit is older than that, you could be overpaying to heat your home. Schedule a free in-home evaluation today and learn how much you could save this winter with a new furnace installation from Choice Heating and Air Conditioning. We proudly offer some of the best manufacturers in the industry and carry many Energy Star rated furnaces in stock. Now is the best time to replace your failing furnace and take advantage of many seasonal rebate offers.
Why Choose Choice HVAC? | Wake Forest HVAC Service
We believe in delivering quality service, installation, and repairs to our customers. Before any work begins, you'll be presented with the costs of your service upfront. No surprises or hidden fees with us. You get highly trained HVAC technicians who care about your home and getting the job done right.
Book your appointment now and avoid an expensive emergency service call this winter! Be sure to ask about our planned maintenance agreements to help you keep your HVAC system running great and your repair costs low. When you need the best Wake Forest HVAC service, make the right CHOICE!