there are some specific features and constraints that need to be evaluated before you buy.
Our team of HVAC professionals has compiled a list of things you need to know and consider before you purchase a dehumidifier for your home. Be sure to see our previous posts on the pros and cons of having a dehumidifier and about why installing a dehumidifier in your home before the scorching summer heat hits could be a great idea.
There are many features available on dehumidifiers. Choosing a unit that has the features that are most desirable to you is important. If you need affordable Wake Forest NC air conditioning repair before the summer, be sure to call Choice HVAC!
- Automatic Defrost - Frost build up on your dehumidifier can damage the unit. hHaving an anti-frost sensor to shut the unit off when it detects the presence of frost is desirable to most homeowners, especially if you will be placing the unit in your basement.
- Auto Shut-Off - No one wants to have a big puddle of water to clean up just because they forgot to empty the dehumidifier. Choosing a model with auto shut-off can take away the overflow worries.
- Digital Display - Digital displays improve the accuracy of your humidity control. This is especially important for those who suffer from allergies. Allergens are less likely to thrive in places where the humidity level is very low.
- On Unit Hygrometer - The hygrometer measures the humidity level in the room. The smaller the increment measure, the more accurate the hygrometer is. Choose one that meets your needs so that you can easily achieve your desired comfort level.
- Built in Pump - If you don't want to have to empty the drain pan, look for condensate pumps which can pump the water away from the unit via a hose to a sink or drain of your choosing.
- Wheels or Casters - A dehumidifier can be quite heavy. Selecting a model that can be moved easily will save your back when it comes time to change the placement of your unit.
- Energy Star Rating - Energy efficiency is at the top of everyone's must-have list when it comes to appliances, home comfort systems or electronics. A dehumidifier can be required to run for extended periods of time depending on the humidity level in the room and your desired setting. Choosing one that is designed to operate efficiently is important.
There are also other considerations when selecting a dehumidifier for your home. One of the most important is the size of the unit that you need and the size of the room or area in your home that the dehumidifier will be used in. Most dehumidifiers are sized by the sqaure footage that they are intended to service. Experts recommend buying a dehumidifier that is just a little larger than what you think you need. This will help the unit run even more efficiently.
Consider the reliability of the brand you are going to purchase for your dehumidifier. Choosing a manufacturer with a good reputation and a good warranty is important. Also, consider the noise level of the unit. Many homeowners say that the sound their dehumidifier makes is one of its biggest drawbacks.
Affordable Wake Forest NC Air Conditioning Repair
If you have questions about how adding a dehumidifier to your home can increase your home's comfort, give Choice HVAC of Wake Forest NC a call. Our team of HVAC professionals can help you decide if a dehumidifier is right for your home. Beat the heat and the rush and schedule today!