The newest thing in home HVAC technology is smart thermostats, which allow you to have more control over how your home is heated and cooled. With that control, you will be able to lower your utility bills by managing the temperature on a daily, or even hourly, basis. Some models of smart thermostats even do this for you by learning your behavior and applying it to the temperature controls.
Let’s take a look at all of the benefits of a smart thermostat. Searching for the best prices on furnace replacement in Wake Forest NC? Call the the nice folks at Choice HVAC today for a free quote!
Smart Thermostat Benefits
1. The most obvious benefit is that you can have more control over the temperature of your home. A regular programmable thermostat can give you that control when you are home, but what if you want to make a change when you’re not there? Let’s say you’re going to be home earlier than you thought and the weather cooled down more than you had planned. With a smart thermostat, you can simply log into your app and make sure the heat will come on so that your home will be warm when you arrive.
2. You’re able to see your energy usage in real time. Most smart thermostats allow you to see how much energy you’re using via the app. It may even offer suggestions on how to save energy by doing things like lowering the temperature at night or when you’re not at home. Some smart thermostats send you a detailed usage report each month so that you can keep track of how your usage compares each month. It will also show your usage in relation to other people.
3. It’s easier than a programmable thermostat. Not everyone knows how to use a programmable thermostat properly, so, in the end it doesn’t really save that person money. If you feel like your current programmable system isn’t working as well as it should, either because it’s outdated or because you just don’t know how to work it, a smart thermostat that learns your behavior may be the perfect solution. You simply install it and let it do its thing. It learns your patterns and adjusts itself to keep your home at the temperature you desire while minimizing energy use.
4. You can get notified of any problems. Some smart thermostats can send you email alerts if your home’s temperature falls outside of the predetermined range. If a power outage occurs and your thermostat is disconnected from the network (which is how you are able to access it remotely), then it will email you to let you know.
5. You can monitor your home while you’re away, which is perfect for someone who travels a lot, or for someone with a second home. Being able to manage your home’s thermostat when you’re not there can give you peace of mind when you’re on the road or when you’re not able to check on a vacation home in person.
6. Smart thermostats that are also learning thermostats can help in specific situations, not just for general day-to-day controls. Let’s say it’s a particularly hot and humid day and your home is starting to feel stuffy. A smart thermostat will recognize the extra humidity and turn the air on. Or, if you’re doing a lot of baking, it will turn the heat down to balance out the heat from the oven.
For Affordable Furnace Replacement in Wake Forest NC, Call Choice HVAC
Call Choice Heating and Air Conditioning if you want advice on services for furnace replacement in Wake Forest NC. Our highly trained experts, with years of experience, are waiting for your call! We’re open six days a week so we’re able to work around your schedule. Give us a call today for an appointment or a free quote.