For most homeowners, few things induce panic more than your air conditioning unit not working properly on a hot summer day. The chances are that you noticed your home becoming warmer and now you're uncomfortable as well. The heat only adds to the urgency that a situation like this creates. Before you call an HVAC company for emergency service because your air conditioning unit isn't blowing hard, check these common issues to see if you can fix the problem yourself. If you need Wake Forest air conditioning service, call Choice HVAC for a free estimate.
Weak or low airflow can be caused by a variety of different issues. Many of these have do it yourself solutions that can save you big money. Here are some of the most common causes of low or weak airflow from your air conditioning unit:
- Blocked Air Returns or Vents - If you have recently moved furniture in your home or hung window coverings, your air returns or vents may have become blocked. These blockages reduce the amount of air your system is able to pull in and, as a result, the amount of air that it pushes out is reduced as well. Diminished airflow can cause significant problems for your air conditioning unit including overheating and coil damage. Move the furniture or window coverings that are blocking these returns and see if this fixes the airflow issue.
- Clogged Air Filters - The air filters in your home are a crucial component that affects how your cooling system functions. When these filters become dirty or clogged, the airflow to your system is significantly reduced. Choice Heating and Air Conditioning recommends changing or cleaning your reusable filters every six to eight weeks. However, pet owners may need to change and clean their filters more often due to pet hair and dander.
Some of the possible causes aren't such an easy fix and may require a professional to help you isolate and fix the issue. With Choice Heating and Air Conditioning's upfront pricing, you'll always know exactly what you'll pay for your repair before we begin work. No surprises on your bill!
- Malfunctioning Blower - The blower fan of your HVAC unit is what moves the air in and out of your air vents. When this becomes dirty, broken or stuck it the air flow is greatly reduced. A loose fan belt can also cause issues for your home's HVAC unit. Unfortunately, this problem will require an experienced heating and air conditioning technician to fix.
- Filthy Evaporator Coil - When the evaporator coil of your air conditioning unit becomes dirty the airflow through your system becomes restricted. As a result, your air conditioner won't blow with the force it should. Your Choice HVAC professional can clean the dirty coils and restore the airflow to your system.
- Disconnected or Leaking Duct Work - Repairing and cleaning ducts can be difficult because they are found in the walls, attic, basement, and ceiling of your home. You'll need a professional to clean and reconnect the loose or disconnected duct work to restore the airflow.
Once your airflow has been restored, it's important to have your unit cleaned and inspected to ensure that there are no other issues or that the restriction of airflow didn't cause damage to your unit.
Quality Wake Forest Air Conditioning Service At Affordable Prices
Ask your Choice representative for more information on our residential plans for Wake Forest air conditioning service. These services help protect your budget and keep your unit running great with bi-annual cleanings and inspections of your unit, discounted service and preferred service call assignment. Schedule your appointment with Choice HVAC of Wake Forest today!